Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Spinach Chickpea Curry


Ok so I've been INSANELY busy between work, dog walking and helping the neighbor lady around the house (poor soul has a broken ankle... and she's inlisted my help in cleaning not only HER MOTHER'S home, but her DAUGHTER'S too. OMG). Anywho - I've been on the hunt for Some low cost, soy free meal ideas & I keep coming back to curry.

Curry is one of the EASIEST things to make. 'Nuff said. :D



Instead of following my own "recipe" (read as, whatever it is I do when I make it) I went online and found this awesome youtuber channel called Delicious Tv VegEz, user name TotallyVegetarian. Her recipe is essentially a vegan version of Saag Paneer which is a dish that relies heavily on cream and cheese. Instead of using cream she uses creamy coconut milk and cuts the cheese out entirely. The recipe was awesome. She did go light on the seasoning so salt is almost a necessity. It could have used maybe a touch more heat but overall its awesome. I intend on having some with brown rice.

I highly recommend giving this recipe a try... I'm tempted to try this with fresh spinach next time because I feel like fresh is healthier. I think I cooked mine just a little too long maybe.

Anyway I've got a few other things I hope to try out tonight, maybe I will post more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment