Saturday, August 13, 2011

Almond Cherry muffins.




I came across this yummy looking recipe by Meet The Shannons which is one of my absolute FAVORITE places to get recipes. I pretty much squealed when I saw it and my mouth filled with saliva... I think maybe I just needed a sweet treat. Anyway, I don't normally use sugar, but here I did - its often best when you don't know what you're doing to just follow the directions. I think next time I will try making it with agave syrup instead.

The only thing I did differently was 1)I think they probably used sweet cherries, I didn't. Also 2)I made a coffee cake crumble topping which turned out awesome.

This recipe made 11 muffins for me. The only thing I had an issue with is that I tested for "done-ness" at 20 minutes and the toothpick came out clean, however I feel like maybe I could have left them in a couple minutes more as they were just a tiny bit TOO moist on the inside. However - I've fed them to three people and they both liked them... so maybe I just don't know anything about good muffins!

The recipe for the crumble topping:
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
2 TBSP soft margarine
1/3 or so cup of sliced almonds

Mix together until crumbly and sprinkle over the muffins just prior to placing in the oven.

1 comment:

  1. Hey.. this is in response to your question about the bread.. You mix the rest of the flour, gluten and salt together and incorporate it with the other flour mixture. I usually stir it in with a wooden spoon at first and then knead it using the flour to flour my work surface and to finish bringing the dough together

    ReplyDelete