Monday, March 28, 2011

YUM! Kale stir fry & turnip carrot patties.

So, Michael's mother (yes, her again! I love that lady *love*) went out to dinner with a friend last night, they had parsnip & carrot patties and a kale stir fry. That sounded FABULOUS to me. So I dug up a few recipes... Unfortunately I didn't have parsnips, but I did have turnips so I substituted. OK, so here is the recipe for the patties. I felt like the mix could have used something else to bring it together to make it stick more... we added a little extra rice flour & its possible that the turnips had more liquid in them than parsnips. I think next time I will try EnerG like I did with the potato latkes.

For the kale stir fry I just put some safflower oil in a heated frying pan, added onion, minced ginger root (fresh), sesame seeds, a little bit of celery, a big handful of chopped kale & some canned mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment