Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mmm... CRUNCHIES!

OK, so this is adjusted from one of Michael's mom's recipes. I don't know what to call it, we just call it "crunchies" haha. :) We make it once every three days or so, and eat it on almost everything... soups, salads, occasionally oatmeal, or plain. I'd take a photo, but I'm too lazy.

Ingredients:
2 packs Ramen
1/2 of an Edward & Son's bouillon cube - I prefer the Not Chick'n (if you're not vegan you can just use one seasoning packet from the ramen).
Approximately 2 tablespoons oil (I use half & half safflower and sesame)
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup almonds
handful of nutritional yeast

OK all of these measurements are approximate because I kind of just throw stuff in the pan and hope for the best.

Which is usually why I fail so much.

Anyway.

You crush the ramen while its still in the package, I make pretty small chunks, like smaller than a dime.

Heat the oven med-high and toss the oil in the pan. Once hot, add everything except the nutritional yeast.

Toast until fragrant and lightly browned... tastes ok burned too :P

Let cool, add nutritional yeast and toss. Eat using only your hands.

Nom.

P.S. Sorry for the lack posts. To be honest, I haven't been cooking, I've been eating like crap and I have been enjoying the GREAT outdoors. Spring is here and it is beautiful! I'm tempted to stop blogging mainly because I can't keep on it and also because there are SO many other things going on in my life that I'm more interested in but don't fit under the topic of "vegan foods". I guess I've always had problems staying interested in things for more than a few months... I'll take a break now and come back to it later! I always do :P

No comments:

Post a Comment