Monday, February 7, 2011

Its been awhile!

I'm all moved! HOORAY! Unfortunately my house looks like a storage unit (everything still in boxes and piled on top of everything else).

ALSO on top of all that jazz, the laptop (only computer) has crashed :( SO - I'll be blogging off of Michael's mother's computer.

I've had some fun cooking here and there... not a lot of time to do so though.

So far I've made carrot curry soup, curry coconut chickpea soup, and lemon poppy seed muffins *nom*. I'll post photos as soon as I figure out where the cord is for my camera as this computer doesn't have one of those nifty card ports...

OH OH! I also made my very first green monster today! Its so awesome! I'm really impressed. For those of you not familiar with green monsters... you should check them out!

Here is the recipe I used:
1 frozen banana
~1/2 cup frozen blueberries
~1 cup frozen peaches
~1 cup almond milk
~1 cup orange juice
~2 kale leaves

Don't be turned off by the kale! Most people use spinach instead but I didn't have any, so I hesitantly used kale and was pleasantly surprised!!! YAY! :D I drank the whole thing... and then had to build a fire to warm up again :P Maybe I'll stick to making them on warmer days. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! Finally had a chance to double check with Food Lion and they sell kale! Probably missed it last time I checked.

    ReplyDelete